Thursday, April 26, 2012

Can I connect my video card to my receiver and than to my TV?

I am in the process of building a PC. The reciever bit has me confused. Can I connect a 5870 to the reciever via HDMI and than to my TV so I can have 5.1 surround sound with video? or do I need a seperate sound card to the receiver and connect the video card directly to the TV?|||Most televisions these days act just like big computer monitors, so if your TV has an HDMI input then you can use it just like a monitor.

Your TV's speakers should also act just like normal speakers. Most motherboards these days have onboard sound cards, so you shouldn't need to worry about buying another one of those. Just to be sure check your motherboard's specs to see if its sound card will support the sound output that you're trying to create. If not, a separate sound card that does will be the way to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment