Thursday, April 26, 2012

Would an external video card allow me to view video from my external hard drive onto a tv or pc monitor?

I am looking into getting a small tv or pc monitor for my bedroom. I would like to find one with USB ports but since I have had no luck, I am looking at external video cards. Like this one, http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001PSV…



Would an external video card allow me to view my videos from my external hard drive onto a tv or pc monitor? Or are they strictly for dual monitors?

90% of my movies are digital, and we watch them through the USB ports on our 360 on our main tv.



Any other ideas on how I could get this work would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.|||Your link is dead.



BUT.... here are some external video cards. They will do what you want to do also.



http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductLis…



Good luck.|||at first i said maybe...then NO impossible....after reading carefully if this is what you are trying to do then Its impossible:



if i understand you correctly, you have a hard drive that uses USB, you want to buy an external video card, connect it to the tv, and then plug your hard drive onto the external external video card?



You cant, you need some sort of computer to control that, before the xbox was making the "computer stuff"...you need a media player of some sort like these:



http://cgi.ebay.com/Western-Digital-WD-T…



you need something that will access the hardrive and relay it back to the monitor and also be able to control it....your link is dead so i dont know what the link was of....email me if you need any help good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment